A Winston-Salem man was burned by hot oil as he tried to remove a burning pot from his home Tuesday night, authorities Wednesday.

Anthony Sims was burned on his neck, arm and leg, the Winston-Salem Fire Department said. He was in good condition Wednesday night at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.

The incident began shortly after 8:10 p.m. at 1032 Glenmont Road, the fire department said.

The oil was left unattended on the stove and caught fire, the fire department said. Sims tripped and spilled the oil on himself as he was trying to take the pot outside.

There was no damage to the home.

Get today’s top stories right in your inbox. Sign up for our daily morning newsletter.

Recommended for you

Load comments