Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Novant Health and School Health Alliance for Forsyth County are joining efforts to help Winston-Salem/Forsyth County students meet state health regulations required to stay in school.
Their efforts are in response to required vaccinations and a law that requires students entering N.C. public schools for the first time to have a health assessment form filled out within 30 days of entry.
Aug. 29 was the first day of school for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County students.
These health care providers are offering special accommodations, expanded hours and open appointments:
- Wake Forest Baptist Health: Brenner Children’s Hospital Downtown Health Plaza-Pediatrics at 1200 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. in Winston-Salem, (336) 713-9800, 4:30-6:30 p.m. today, Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Oct. 3 and Oct. 4; and Family and Community Medicine at 1920 W. First St. in Winston-Salem, (336) 716-4479, 4:30-6:30 p.m. today and 1-3 p.m. Wednesday.
- Cornerstone Health Care, affiliate of Wake Forest Baptist: Cornerstone Health Care, Ford Simp-son Lively Rice Pediatrics at 2933 Maplewood Ave. in Winston-Salem, (336) 794-3380; Cornerstone Health Care at 114 Kinderton Blvd. in Advance, (336) 998-9742; and Cornerstone Health Care at 861 Old Winston Road in Kernersville, (336) 802-2300.
- Novant Health pediatric and primary care clinics offer same-day access appointments and many offer evening and weekend hours as well. Call the Novant Health Care Connections line at (336) 718-7070 for information on clinic locations and hours of operation, especially if in need of a primary doctor.
- School Health Alliance for Forsyth County is offering clinics by appointment. To schedule an appointment, call Karen Virga, R.N. at (336) 703-4273.
- Forsyth County Health Department also offers immunizations.
When people call any of these locations, they should tell the scheduler that a child urgently needs to be seen for a health assessment and/or vaccination. This program is not endorsed by Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools.