We have heard from the following restaurants that will be open for Thanksgiving:
• C&H Cafeteria, 940 S. Main St. in Kernersville, will serve continuously from 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m, with a Thanksgiving Day special for $6.99.
• China Wok, 2091 Peters Creek Parkway, will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving. Reservations are welcome but not required for parties of eight or more. For more information or to make a reservation, call (336) 723-6988.
• The Depot at Cody Creek, 112 Old Depot Lane in Dobson, will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving menu from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Finnigan’s Wake, 620 N. Trade St., will be open Thanksgiving evening from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• K&W Cafeterias will be open with a $6.99 Thanksgiving Special in addition to their regular items. Hours are 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. at 3300 Healy Drive, 800 E. Hanes Mill Road, and 3169 Peters Creek Parkway; and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 6300 Amp Drive in Clemmons. The Healy Drive and Hanes Mill Road locations will also be open for breakfast from 6-10:30 a.m.
• Mi Casa Es Tu Casa, 3028 Healy Drive, will be open from noon to 6 p.m. For more information, call (336) 293-8983.
• Omega House Restaurant, 1498 Peters Creek Parkway, will be open Thanksgiving Day from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will be serving turkey and ham.
• Phoenix Grille, 5790 University Parkway inside the Holiday Inn, will have a Thanksgiving Buffet from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Costs are $28 for adults, $14 for children 10 and younger, and $8 for toddlers. For reservations, call (336) 896-8624 or go to www.PhoenixGrille.us.com.
• Spring House Restaurant, 450 N. Spring St., will not be open but will have chef-prepared meals to take home for 8-10 or 18-24 guests, which people will need to pick up on Tuesday or Wednesday. The deadline to place an order is 5 p.m. Monday. For more information, go to www.SpringHouseNC.com or call (336) 293-4797.
• WS Prime, 425 N. Cherry St., will have a Traditional Thanksgiving Buffet from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Costs are $39.95 for adults, $29.95 for seniors 65 and older, $9.95 for ages 5 to 12, and free for children 4 and younger. For more information, including a menu, go to www.wsprimerestaurant.com. Reservations are suggested; call (336) 722-5232.
Your favorite restaurant may also be open; if you’re curious about a particular restaurant, you should call them and check if they will be serving any meals on Thanksgiving.
If we hear from any other restaurants, we will run an update to this list in Wednesdays’ column. Managers or owners can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your hours; address; whether you are serving regular menu or special offerings, or both; and if reservations are required or suggested.
Now that Thanksgiving is almost upon us and the Christmas season is coming in behind it, we’re looking for homes and neighborhoods that have particularly elaborate light displays. If you have any recommendations, let us know at email@example.com. Please include as much information as you can on the location. If they are your lights, please let us know what times of evening you plan to turn them on and what date you plan to start.