The Home Moravian Church Women’s Fellowship invites you to experience the sights, smells, and sounds of Christmas at this year’s Candle Tea. Held in the Single Brother’s House in Old Salem, the Tea includes singing carols, enjoying lovefeast coffee and Moravian sugarcake, watching as beeswax candles are made by hand, and viewing the putz, a replica in miniature of the town of Salem more than a century ago, and a Nativity scene as the Christmas story is read from Scripture.
Admission is $5 for adults and $1 for children 12 and under. All proceeds, after expenses, are distributed to non-profit local and international agencies; last year we were able to give over $22,000.00 to those organizations.
Candle Tea is open: Thursday, December 5, Friday, Dec. 6, Thursday, Dec. 12, and Friday, Dec. 13 from 1:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Anyone in line at 8:30 pm will be admitted!
It is also open on Saturday, Dec. 7 and Saturday, Dec. 14 from 11:30 am until 8:30 pm; again, anyone in line at 8:30 pm will be admitted.
For more information please visit www.homemoravian.org and click on the “Candle Tea” link, or phone the Home Church office at 722-6171.
We look forward to sharing the joy of Christmas with you and your family!
- Occurred Thursday, December 5th, 2019 @ 1:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Occurred Friday, December 6th, 2019 @ 1:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Occurred Saturday, December 7th, 2019 @ 11:30 am – 8:30 pm
- Occurred Thursday, December 12th, 2019 @ 1:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Occurred Friday, December 13th, 2019 @ 1:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Occurred Saturday, December 14th, 2019 @ 11:30 am – 8:30 pm